Here is my list:
1. My Dad spent a two day trip in the car with my kids, staying the night with us in a hotel, and taking care of them while I drove most of the way from Arizona to Texas. When the trip was over he thought it was fun and the kids were good. He meant every word. I thought the trip went the complete opposite.
2. The night we got to our new home he went straight to work unpacking. Derek missed the kids so we let him watch them and my Dad and flew through boxes the next few days.
3. To help me feel more at home he helped me plant my flower beds in my front yard. He wanted me to have something pretty to look at everyday.
5. My dad said that Andrew's dresser looked too girly so I picked out the paint and handles and he sanded and painted it for me. I think it looks much better and adds a good color to his room.
6. I asked my dad to put together a simple toy box for kids and he went all out and built me this beautiful one. It matches the bed he made for Jane. When we got to Texas he finished the lid, painted it, and added a special gadget so that the lid wouldn't slam down on the kids.
8. He watched the kids for us so we could go out on a date and he could have some alone time with them.
9. While we were at Seaworld he took care of the kids so Derek and I could go on the rides. I am done with roller coasters for the rest of my life by the way.
10. The most important. The day he left he gave Derek and I father's blessings. It has always been a huge strength in my home growing up that my Dad honored his priesthood, and it is still blessing our lives today.
What can I say...my Dad is amazing. I have also decided that anytime we have to move he is going to to be there. It was so fun to have this time with my Dad.