Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a DAY!

Where do I even start. Derek woke up this morning at 2:30 with the most intense headache and severe pain behind his left eye. He was up for 15 minutes before he started throwing up. This occurred the rest of the night every 20 minutes or so. We got a very startled Jane out of bed and headed to the ER. My wonderful sister Megann came and got Jane while I waited with Derek. They did a CT scan and found nothing unusual. They believe that he had an infection from him sinuses. They gave him a shot of morphine and some meds to stop the throwing up. We got to my mom's house around 7:00 am. Derek went straight to bed there, and I fit in a little nap before I had to go to the doctor's because I have mastitis for the fourth time (I am so done with nursing). Thank goodness my doctor just called in a prescription. We are home now and Derek is doing better. We do have to follow up with a nuro to get an MRI, but we are not to worried. We are just hoping for a better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh no! Hope you guys get to feeling better soon. Bryan gets headaches like that but they told him it was migraines. I know Steve gets them too. Maybe it's hereditary? Either way hopefully you can stay away from the doctor for awhile. Wish we were closer so we could help.